Top Options for Family Fun Near Madison, WI
Madison provides plenty for families to do, enjoy and have fun with. The Greater Madison area has so much to do from excellent attractions to unique events that it's hard to get bored here. Some of the top options for family fun throughout Madison are found below.
In the City
Plenty of attractions in the city will provide something great for both kids and adults to enjoy. Some of the top choices include:
- Madison Children's Museum - A great choice with an indoor play area, plenty of exhibits and all kinds of fun for all ages.
- Wisconsin State Capital - Head to the observation deck and see the city from one of the best spots for a great view.
- Dane County Farmers Market - The largest producer-only market in the entire country, this is a great spot for everybody to enjoy.
- Henry Vilas Zoo - Hit up the zoo and enjoy the polar bears and the fact that it's one of the only free-admission zoos in the United States.
Parks are always a good choice outside, but Madison also has plenty of Lakes and beaches for outdoor fun. You can enjoy kayaking, canoeing, fishing and even paddleboarding on Lake Monona, Lake Mendota or one of the other area lakes. In addition, you can fly your kite, picnic or enjoy all kinds of other activities at one of the many area parks.
Other Family Fun Throughout Madison
Many other great attractions offer something for families to enjoy throughout Madison including:
- Bowl-A-Vard Lanes
- Laser Tag by Ultrazone
- Overture Center for the Arts
- Children’s Theater of Madison
- UW-Madison Union South
- Madison Science Museum
- Wisconsin Historical Society
- Rockin' Jump Trampoline Park
You can also enjoy some of the great attractions found just outside Madison, such as:
- Noah's Ark Waterpark
- Cave of the Mounds
- International Crane Foundation
- Norwegian Heritage Center
- House on the Rock Attraction
- Fireside Dinner Theatre
There's plenty for families to do all throughout Madison and within just a short drive of the city.