May Home Care Tips
Now that the weather is finally getting warmer it's time to start working on your outdoor upkeep! To keep updated on your home maintenance it's easier to tackle a few projects a month. That way you can spend the summer in the sun instead of scrambling to get it all done before it gets cold.
Here's what you should get started on for May:
- Check all decks, patios, porches, stairs and railings for loose members and deterioration.
- Check plumbing shut-off valves. Ensure that they turn off and on freely.
- Service your kitchen disposal by grinding several cups of ice cubes.
- Check vents, louvers and chimneys for bird nests or squirrels.
- Check your sprinkler system for leaky valves and exposed lines.
- Inspect your home's exterior siding for mildew. Scrub off as necessary.
- Check your air conditioning unit and have it serviced before summer temperatures arrive.