Expedia.com Names Madison to 'Super Cool' List
Recently, Expedia.com releases a list of 21 cities they consider to be "Super Cool." This list featured two cities tied at #1 and one of those cities was Madison, Wisconsin!
How This List Was Compiled
The list created by Expedia used a point system with the maximum number of points possible 28. The points were based on the following factors:
- Lyft available
- Farmers markets
- All-service restaurants
- Zagat’s Best Food Cities List from 2016
- Arts districts or bar/restaurant districts
- Large amount of population between ages 20-34
- Less than 2 hours from a big city
- Score on Sperling's Best Places
- More than 5 museums/major art galleries
- Annual festivals
- AreaVibes livability score
Overall, Madison, WI scored 26 out of 28 points. The city made the second spot, but the score was the same as Austin, TX, which was in the first spot.
What Expedia Had To Say About Madison
Some of the reasons Madison scored so well and was named to the top of the list included the incredible festival season and large number of restaurants. The city has more than eight restaurants per 10,000 capita and offers many fine dining options. With a number of great festivals, such as the Revelry Music and Arts Festival, Madison scored very high in this category, as well.
Expedia also ranked Madison high due to other attractions, such as:
- Dane County Farmer's Market
- Henry Vilas Zoo
- Olbirich Botanical Gardens
- UW Arboretum
- Wisconsin Chamber Orchestra ...